Pros and Cons of Top Smart Locks on the Market
Smart locks have become one of the most well-known security technology products in the US, together with other security gadgets such as home-access controls and security systems. According to studies, it is estimated that the smart lock industry will grow to a global value of $3.5 billion.
Of course, it is not difficult to figure out why this technology is becoming so well-known. This is particularly true if you think about how many residents in the US maintain busy schedules that keep them away from their house.
But, while smart locks have filled the market, this does not ensure they’re the safest or most practical home security option.
Today, we are going to share with you a couple of pros and cons of the best smart locks on the market.
Yale Real Living Z-Wave Touchscreen Deadbolt Lock
- It needs a separate device or system for remote operation and entire-home connectivity.
- It does not have an application of its own.
- You can incorporate it into your home automation system.
- It comes with hard-copy and voice-guided instructions.
- Includes a touchscreen
- Easy to use and program
Schlage Century Touchscreen Deadbolt Lock
- It does not have a dedicated application.
- You will need a separate home automation system to obtain full capabilities.
- Internal mechanisms are noisy, unlike other models.
- It is a bit expensive.
- Touchscreen Display
- A lot of built-in security features.
- Easy to set up and install.
August Smart Lock HomeKit-Enabled
- It does not include a touchpad.
- It is a bit more expensive.
- You cannot remotely control it if you do not have the Wi-Fi bridge of the manufacturer or Apple TV.
- The controls are user-friendly
- A lot of features
- Easy to install
- Very versatile.
Kwikset Kevo Touch-to-Open
- It is a bit expensive, especially if you consider its limited features.
- It does not include Fobs when you purchase it. This means that you will have to spend more money.
- It does not include a voice-command feature.
- It offers you options to set up schedules. It also enables you or deny access at will based on single smartphones, fobs, and eKeys.
- Easy to use and install
- A lot of security features that you can use. This includes tamper resistance.
Smart locks offer you the possibility to unlock and lock your doors using your smartphone. Aside from that, you can also pick who might or might not enter your house at any particular moment. A couple of these devices can be programmed to prompt your oven to preheat, change your home’s temperature, and turn on the lights.
Extra security and convenience are only a couple of the advantages of integrating this form of technology into your house. Since all models come with its own features, you’ve got a lot of tailored security options.
You should not hesitate to call a professional locksmith if you want to install a smart lock in your home. These professionals have the experience and knowledge to install any model.
Call now for a locksmith Brooklyn NY